Technical Specifications. Tableau Server runs in both physical and virtual environments according to the following hardware and operating system specifications:
- Chrome on Windows, Mac, and Android 4.4 or later
- Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer on Windows
- Mozilla Firefox & Firefox ESR on Windows and Mac
- Apple Safari on Mac e iOS 8.x or later
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2012 R2, 2008 R2; Windows 7, 8 and 10 in x64 chipsets
- Minimum processor Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Opteron
- Internet Protocol version 4 (IPV4) and 6 (IPV6)
Minimum recommended hardware specifications
- 8-core, 2.0 GHz or higher CPU
- 64 bits processor
- 32 GB system memory
- Minimum free disk space 50 GB
THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS ARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. FOR AN ACCURATE SIZING OR ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT US.
USER AUTHENTICATION AND SECURITY
- Supports Microsoft Active Directory, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, and built-in Tableau users and groups for user authentication and group membership definitions. Kerberos support for Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and Cloudera Impala. LDAP for Tableau Server on Linux.
- Citrix environments, Microsoft Hyper-V, Parallels, VMware (including vMotion), Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- All Tableau products operate in virtualized environments when they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware requirements. We recommend VM deployments with dedicated CPU affinity.
- All of Tableau’s products, with the exception of tabadmin, are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation of Tableau Server are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.